Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I-Stem 2012

I'm in Coeur d'Alene staying at the Best Western Hotel.  I signed up for the Crime-Scene Investigation strand and began receiving free technology, books, and equipment yesterday. My day started at 6 a.m. (walk on the path around the lake) and ended at 8:30 last night.





Everyone received a Prodigy 7" android tablet yesterday with a bag at lunchtime and a few instructions on how to run it.  In my CSI strand I received three books containing CSI lesson plan ideas, a digital microscope that runs from my computer, magnifying glasses, an investigation kit, and material to do the burning test (to test whether a fabric is rayon, cotton, wool, etc.).  We did the burning test, found a way to salvage a burned note using glycerin and water, and fingerprinted ourselves.  We had to decide what type of fingerprint pattern we had.

This morning I'll take another walk on the lake path (and will take a few pics), we visit the detectives at the local police station, and continue to get practice on some of the lessons we might be doing with our students while incorporating science, technology, engineering, and math into the lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment