Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tater Tot 2012 Day 2 June 25, 2012


One of the bridges we cross on the trail

view of the Coeur d'Alene River

"See, I told you we were riding across a river."

Wait for me! I'm getting further behind :)
Today's challenge was riding from Kellogg to Mullan (40 miles) when both of us have only been on our bikes a couple of times so far this year. We left at 11:15 (the rest of the group left at 9:00) because we were slow getting organized. But when we finally began, the trail was beautiful--lots of greenery--unfortunately, we didn't see any moose.

We thought we'd eat dinner at Mullan, but the restaurant was closed so we rode back to Wallace and had dinner at the 1313 Club. We devoured our dinners so fast the waitress said, "you're already done with your dinner?" We got back to our trailer about 8:30 p.m.

Larry fared better better than I did after the ride concluded. Even using several coats of SPF 30 sunscreen, my knees and upper thighs look and feel like roasted fire. Larry's arms are already turning to tan this morning, but his nose is quite red. I was exhausted when we got back to the trailer. I took a shower and went straight to bed. Larry went to get more ice for the cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment